The hotel was Courtyard Marriott in Hamilton, Ontario, a 3-star hotel.
The Amenities in the Room:
- Went for the normal room. It is spacious, with a king-sized bed and a pull-out sofa, which was comfortable enough. There are enough pillows and comforters.
- Wired and wifi connection. I used the wifi and the reception was great.
- The A/C was not as noisy as I have found in some hotels.
- The TV was modern but like in most hotels, they have a problem with the aspect ratio, so watching anything on it is horrible.
- The bathroom was clean and there were enough towels, soaps and shampoo bottles.
- The drapes/curtains were among the best. The hotel website calls them blackout curtains/drapes and they do keep out the light, something I loved.
- It has a pool and a hot tub, both of which I did not use. I am not a big swimmer, but even for my taste it was too small. It is a good place to chill out and have a chat, but not for any physical activity.
- Free coffee in the lobby
- Free Globe and Mail newspaper (at least on Saturdays)
- Nice garden with a gazebo. Ideal for weddings.
- Close to restaurants
- Friendly staff.
Comments: The hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly. The regular price for the room seems to be around C$ 185.00, which I would find a little expensive for this type of hotel in a city like Hamilton.