RBC is offering a special program allowing Royal Bank credit cardholders and others on programs that earn RBC Rewards to convert their RBC Rewards Points to WestJet Dollars with a 25-percent bonus. The offer ends November 30, 2013.
Usually, the conversion rate is 100 RBC Rewards Points to 1 WestJet Dollar.
But between Oct. 15, 2013- Nov. 30, 2013, the conversion rate will be 100 RBC Rewards Points = 1.25 WestJet Dollars.
Some Features of the RBC Rewards Points – WestJet Dollars Conversion Promotion:
- Minimum transfer is 1000 RBC Rewards Points.
- One has to be a member of WestJet Rewards Program to be able to convert the RBC Rewards Points.
- Both the WestJet Rewards and RBC credit card or other eligible membership should be in the same name.
- Once they are converted, the WestJet Dollars cannot be reverted back to RBC Rewards Points.
- They cannot be converted into cash.
- They can be used to purchase any WestJet flights or WestJet vacation packages to fly to WestJet destinations in North America, Mexico, Hawaii and the Caribbean.
- The WestJet Dollars can be used to pay either in full or in part for the bookings without any advance booking requirements or availability/pricing restrictions.
The Value of WestJet Dollars
I ran the following test:
Toronto-Miami – leave Nov. 02: return Nov. 11
Cost: just over 700 dollars.
Needed RBC Points 70,000.
To do the conversion, go to the RBC Rewards Site, or call them at 1-800-769-2512.